Board index General Chat afternoon.Man

afternoon.Man

Forum rules

This forum has been set-up with the intent to add a community section to the MEBA main site. Please be respectful to other users and do not spam the forum. Anyone deemed to be either abusive or spamming will be banned from the forum.

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:31 am
Since Jon Gruden became the Raiders head coach he has had words of support for Derek Carr. Despite his insistence that Carr is the Raiders’ franchise quarterback Jordy Nelson Jersey , the rumors of Gruden moving on..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕NFL Draft rumors: Todd McShay says Jon Gruden ‘loves’ Kyler Murray and not Derek CarrNew,287commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareNFL Draft rumors: Todd McShay says Jon Gruden ‘loves’ Kyler Murray and not Derek CarrJasen Vinlove-USA TODAY SportsSince Jon Gruden became the Raiders head coach he has had words of support for Derek Carr. Despite his insistence that Carr is the Raiders’ franchise quarterback, the rumors of Gruden moving on from Carr persist.Just a month ago during an interview with the NFL network’s Jim Trotter, Gruden had this to say.“Yeah. He’s going to be our quarterback,” Gruden told Trotter. “I’m not going to address all the rumors. I could [not] care less about the rumors. He threw for 4,100 yards. Threw for almost 70 percent in a very dire, tough circumstance. So I’ve got a lot of confidence in Carr; what he can do with Antonio Brown Johnathan Hankins Jersey , with Tyrell Williams, with Trent Brown coming in here to help our offensive line.”The latest rumor to surface came Monday from ESPN draft analyst, Todd McShay when he was a guest on the network’s morning show Get Up.“Jon Gruden loves Kyler Murray, I’m told. And does not necessarily love Derek Carr, I’m told, which is going to be the interesting thing to see,” said McShay.”It may not play out in this draft Tyrell Williams Jersey , but I think at some point it’s going to come to an end between Carr and Jon Gruden, from what I hear.”Gruden has at one point or another had reported interest in each of the draft’s top passers including Ohio State’s Dwayne Haskins and Missouri’s Drew Lock who he coached at the Senior Bowl.The Kyler Murray to the Raiders talk might all be a moot point if the Arizona Cardinals select him first overall which is what many believe will happen despite reports that the Cardinals are still unsure about who they will select on Thursday. Much has been made recently about the report of growing paranoia inside the Raiders front office after Ian Rapoport Kirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsMuch has been made recently about the report of growing paranoia inside the Raiders front office after Ian Rapoport tweeted this out Friday afternoon.Many in the media have taken the opportunity to suggest this makes the Raiders hierarchy look dysfunctional at such a crucial point in the draft process.“It’s a bizarre report for many reasons,” said Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. “First, it suggests an unprecedented level of paranoia. Second, it reveals that Gruden and Mayock have no functional plan for securing the most sensitive information regarding their final draft board or strategy, without demoralizing the entire scouting staff. Third, acting on the lack of trust creates the impression that the Raiders are more dysfunctional than other teams Trent Brown Jersey , even if other teams have the same concerns.”Some in the business have taken the stance that clearing the scouting room before the draft is actually standard procedure including Mayock’s former NFL Network colleague, Daniel Jeremiah.The rumors continue to swirl this week, again it was Ian Rapoport who is now reporting a surprise pick by the Raiders at four. With Mike Mayock preaching best player available it’s hard to imagine any kind of surprises happening at pick four.Gruden has the reputation of falling in love with players but even Gruden understands the importance of nailing this pick. Whether the pick ends up a surprise will depend on who you ask. For instance, who the Raiders were interested in drafting last year wasn’t a surprise presumably because their interest was leaked. I would still expect a very high end talent at pick four with little risk involved. Some surprise is a good thing.

Return to General Chat